Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is the credential required by academia and business, recognized globally as the premier credential chosen by individuals seeking to validate their knowledge, skills and abilities relating to the Microsoft Office applications.
- In academia, MOS promotes success in the classroom for students (and instructors), builds individual distinction, and prepares students for an increasingly competitive workforce
- For business, MOS maximizes office productivity and efficiency for the organization and increases job satisfaction and heightens career achievement among employees
- In workforce development, MOS prepares and places job candidates, ensuring they possess the skills employers require
CERTIFICATION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
MOS is the world's most recognized information worker certification program that accounts for the delivery of over one million certification exams annually.
The Microsoft Office Specialist core certification validates skills with the Microsoft Office suite. Exams for the MOS core credential are available on these Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project, and SharePoint.
Pass any ONE of the following MOS exams:
Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certification validates advanced skills in specific Microsoft Office applications. Gaining the Expert credential requires passing either of these exams: Word Expert or Excel Expert.
Pass any ONE of the following MOS Expert exams:
- Word Expert
- Excel ® Expert
More than a single certification, the Microsoft Office Specialist Master program demonstrates an individual's overall comprehension and deep expertise of Microsoft Office programs. Earning this distinguished credential requires four exams: Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint, and either Outlook or Access.
As a Microsoft Office Master, you will:
- Build credibility through proof of skills
- Set yourself apart as a desktop computing expert
- Differentiate yourself from your peers
- Possess a professional recognition accepted around the world
- Demonstrate computing efficiency in the workplace
Pass THREE required exams and ONE elective exam:
- Word Expert
- Excel® Expert
- Outlook® , or
- Access®, or
- SharePoint®, or